Child Support Back
In cases where parents have separated or divorced, and the children live with one parents all or most of the time, the other parent usually has to pay child support to help provide for the children. The amount of money you need to pay will depend on the amount of children to support and your income. Payments to the children can be made through a government office, or can sometimes be received directly from one parent to the other.

In situations of joint or split custody, the amount of child support can be reduced depending on the amount of parenting responsibilities taken up by each parent, and their income will also be a factor.

Child support can be arranged between the parents or set by the courts. Child support is no longer determined on a case-by-case basis. There are now Federal and Provincial Child Support Guidelines set to calculate the amount of support for each child; however, even with set guidelines, many other factors can change the amount of child support owed.

Call RS Law Firm in Mississauga, Brampton & Caledon for a consultation surrounding your child support questions and concerns. We will review your case to determine any exceptions present based on the government guidelines, or mediation may be necessary to help you and the other parent reach an agreement.
2 County Court Blvd
4th Floor, Brampton
ON, L6W 3W8